- All members and candidates act as gentlemen at all times, refrain from conduct prejudicial to the fraternity that brings about public disrepute.
- All members and candidates treat all guests of the fraternity, as well as each other, in a kind and friendly manner with utmost dignity and respect.
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guest(s). All guest must be invited by a member of Gamma Phi Housing Authority, Inc.
- No fighting or horse playing (wrecking) in the building.
- No explosives, firearms, or other dangerous weapons kept within or about the fraternity house.
- No commercial enterprise for the benefit of the general public operated from the fraternity house.
- No narcotic drugs or other controlled substances, including without regard to amount, marijuana, possessed or harbored within or about the fraternity house or otherwise upon the property of the fraternity.
- Undergrad members will be admitted to the house of Gamma Phi Housing Authority, Inc if sponsored by a member of the organization.
- No loitering and or littering outside the building.
- No profanity or loud noise outside of the building.
- No brown bagging and or food permitted at sanctioned activities when the bar or kitchen is open. Gamma Phi Housing Authority, Inc has exclusive rights to sell in the house.
The Chapter House
- The House Scheduling Committee must be contacted prior to the use of the building.
- The scheduling committee will make the final determination regarding any conflicts in scheduling the use of the property.
- Every member of Gamma Phi Housing Authority, Inc will receive a copy of the Rules and By-Laws of the organization.
- All groups and individuals shall abide by the House Rules and By-Laws of Gamma Phi Housing Authority, Inc.
- Any decisions not specifically mentioned in these “House Rules” shall be enforced by the Board of Directors.
- No committee or individual member may make any rule that conflicts with the “House Rules” of Gamma Phi Housing Authority, Inc.
- Gamma Phi Housing Authority will follow Roberts Rules of Order, Parliamentary Procedures in the conducting of all of its business.
- Any financial member of Gamma Phi Housing Authority, may bring a rule violation to the Rules committee. (However, said member should first try to resolve the matter informally with the violator prior to bringing it to the Rules Committee.
- The Rules Committee will conduct an investigation of all rules violation and present its finding and recommendation to the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors may issue the following disciplinary action for the violation of any house rules.
- Oral Reprimand
- Written reprimand
- Temporary Suspension from the building
- Permanent Suspension from the building
- The fraternity house shall not be structurally altered in any way.
- All rules and regulations of the State Fire Marshall and other governmental entities have jurisdiction over the fraternity house and must be obeyed.
- Anyone opening the building, or his designee is responsible for securing the building before leaving. Member(s) or their designee(s) must sign an in/out logbook.
- Anyone using the facility will be required to clean up the building and grounds. If the building and grounds are not left as it was when received, a fee will be assessed.
- Members, guest, and renters will be responsible for any damage to the property and or its contents.
- No permanent alteration or removal of any interior or exterior, permanent or decorative fixtures or equipment, including, without limitation, any plumbing, heating, water or electrical fixtures, equipment or systems.
- No windows, doors, window frames, doorframes, door handles, locks, or latches shall be removed or altered in any way.
- No permanent alteration (including painting) of any part of the exterior of the fraternity house or of its common areas.
- Fraternity house will be kept and maintained in a clean, orderly, sanitary and habitable condition at all times.
- All halls and other common areas kept reasonably free of debris, furniture, bicycles, exercise equipment and other personal property.
- No furniture (except furniture specifically designed for such purpose) shall be placed on the front porch or either deck of the fraternity house.
- No animals or birds kept in or around the fraternity house. Aquariums that are safe, attractive, and reasonable in size are permitted.
- All trash, debris, and garbage emptied into outside trash dumpster daily.
- Substantial decoration and remodeling of the house, pre-approved by the Housing Committee, must comport with reasonable standards of good taste and aesthetics, and accomplished promptly and in observance of reasonable safety standards.
- No woodpiles, garbage, rubbish, junk, or other materials shall be stored or permitted to accumulate outside the fraternity house.
- No person permitted upon any part of the roof of the fraternity house.
- The House Committee must approve the plans for, and construction of, all temporary structures on fraternity property in advance.
- No bridges, slides, or other inherently dangerous structures constructed upon the fraternity property.
- No temporary pools or ponds constructed within the fraternity house or elsewhere upon fraternity property if the drainage from such pool or pond would jeopardize the fraternity house or any part of it.
- The destruction of any fraternity property or of any property of its members is expressly prohibited.
- The posting of flyers, posters and other forms of advertisement must be approved by the board of directors. The Board of Directors will designate the area.
- The storage space at the House of Gamma Phi is for its use only and not for the storage of the personal items of individual members.
- No plaques, trophies, artwork, sculptures, wall decorations, lamps, photographs, composites, and other such items removed from their designated station within the common areas.
- No books, pamphlets, dictionaries, encyclopedias, magazines, or other such items removed from the house.
- All trophies, plaques, and other valuable possessions of the fraternity kept under lock and key at all times.
- All party decorations completely removed or stored within twenty-four (24) hours after the event for which they were erected.
- All common areas straightened and cleaned daily including rest rooms, windows.
- No vehicles operated or parked on any fraternity property that is not paved or maintained for such purpose. Side driveway is to be left open at all times, except as temporary parking for parents, guests and commercial vendors visiting the house.
- Due to restricted parking in this area of neighborhood, the parking may need to be emptied on a short-term basis for special events, as deemed by the housing committee.
Dining Room and Kitchen
- No dishes, glasses, cups, silverware, kitchen utensils, kitchen and dining room equipment and supplies removed from the kitchen or dining area.
- All food served by the fraternity must be consumed in the dining room.
- Shoes and shirt required while eating meals in the designated area.
- Kitchen is off limits for all except those with kitchen duty.
- Damage deposit applies to any damage caused by individual or group members. If the individual responsible for the damage can be determined, deductions from his damage deposits will be made.
- Amount of damage is cost to repair or replace by professional workmen or commercial vendors with like kind of materials. Damages repaired by the member must meet the standards.
GAMMA PHI HOUSING AUTHORITY
House rules that recognize our (deceased members/ Omega Chapter)
- RULE 1 (Issom/Mack Rule)
- Members, who were active and /or financial in the past and/ or made a significant contribution to the uplift of Gamma Phi Housing Authority, Inc. will have their name placed on the Memorial Plaque in the designated area of the fraternity house.